Monthly Archives: May 2008
Divert a river
- Use object placement tool to put an object on each corner of the river’s origonal course, then save the xml placement file.
- Open the xml in notepad, open Google Earth as well.
- Open Google Earth, under Tools>Options set Show Lat/long to Universal Transverse Marcator
- Put placemarks in the same co-ordinates as the objects, Copy & paste the corordinates from the xml file. In this case, I had to place 6 objects.
- Draw the river’s polygon so that it ended at the placemarks.
- Complile the KMl to bgl as normal.
This has worked well apart from a road that crosses the river, as well as a ridge in the water that stubbornly refuses to dissappear. I have noticed other ridges further upstream in Miicrosoft’s own river polygons; so maybe there is another fault not of my making.
Upload + 24 hours
Release to AVSim
River Angara (Siberia)
25°C, humid & sunny.
Core 2 Quad
It took ages to fit, partly because I was so careful about it, but also, I put the heatsink’s support frome in the wrong way. It presents some interesting problems, some games don’t benfit much, but 3DS Max and photoshop work at double speed with it. The BIOS reports it running at 600Mhz, but in use it does runn well. Oddly, Windows 2000 pro only shows 2 cores running in Task Manager. Either, Task manager in Win2K only displayes 2 cores, or maybe, Win 2K doesn’t support more than 2. Very strange that last possibility since it supports multi-processors right from the first service pack.